Based on the principles I listed in my previous post, I set several specific goals for Draezele's UI:
- Player, target and raid frames clustered in an easily-visible location.
- Clickable buttons should be grouped together and less used ones should be hidden except when moused over.
- Use the fewest possible addons.
- Reduce the clutter.
1. Player Frame - Using X-Perl UnitFrames.
2-4. Bartender 3 Bars - Both bars labeled "2" are standard bars with a slight transparency (left bar is for consumables, right bar for other frequently-used clickable abilities). The bars labeled "3" (including the mini-menu) are only visible with mouse-over and have even greater transparency. Bar "4" is not intended to be clicked, but monitors spell/item cooldowns that I want easily visible.
5. Totem Timers
6. Chat windows - I use two chat windows: the bottom for general chat (plus /raid, /party and /battleground), and the top only for whispers and /guild chat. This keeps me from losing track of whispers in the spam of battlegrounds or raid emotes. I color-coded each channel to make each visually distinct. I don't display the combat log because I find it just a distraction.
7. FuBar - To the left is LocationFu and RegenFu (displays regen rates and time in 5-second rule), with FactionFu, HonorFu, and Farmer Fu below it. In the center is MoneyFu, BagFu and Durability. To the right are ClockFu, SwitcherFu (switches between full-size and windowed mode), PerformanceFu, UsageFu (shows memory usage), and VolumeFu. Below them is Recount's plugin (disabled in this screen shot), NameToggleFu (turns name plates on and off) plus Aloft, Grid and Bartender's plugins.
8. Mini-Map - Resized and given a new skin using SimpleMinimap. Attached are BC_TrackingMenu and ItemRack. I hid all other minimap icons, prefering to use / commands for the few remaining mods not attached to FuBar.
9. Target Frame - Also using X-Perl. Below the target frame are the target's target (left) and target's target's target (right).
10. Focus Frame - From X-Perl. I use /focus for setting my Earth Shield target.
11. Raid Frames - Using Grid and GridManaBars, with only the most critical information displayed. (I'll make a separate post on how I set up Grid later.)
12. Deadly Boss Mods Displays - I chose to move these out of the main field of view so that I didn't clutter my screen.
13. Natur Enemy Cast Bars - I also moved these out the way since they're infrequently referenced.
14. Casting Bar - Using Quartz. I wanted this to be immediately visible, so placed it just below my character. My target's casting bar is placed right beside it so that I can use Earth Shock if appropriate.
I still make the occasional tweak to my setup from time to time (such as adding the Proximo arena frames over the Deadly Boss Mods area), but I'm pretty content with my set up right now.