I gave a general overview of the new gear for shaman in my last post, but I wanted to delve a little further into what's available for restoration shaman in particular. The new items are roughly equivalent to Tier 5, so high-end raiders won't be particularly interested in the new loot. For characters just starting 10- and 25-man content, however, there're many solid upgrades coming up.
Note: If I don't mention a piece of Arena or PvP gear for a particular slot, it is a poor upgrade for PvE use.
There are two new cloaks of note:
- [Kharmaa's Shroud of Hope] (114 Armor, 34 Stamina, 15 Intellect, 51 Healing, 6 mana/5, 23 Resilience), which is available for 60 Badges, and
- [Cloak of Ancient Rituals] (108 Armor, 22 Stamina, 20 Intellect, 25 Spell Haste, 51 Healing), which drops from Hex Lord Malacrass.
There are two good options for chest pieces in 2.3:
- [Hauberk of the Empire's Champion] (934 Armor, 30 Stamina, 40 Intellect, 40 Spell Haste, 106 Healing, 12 mana/5), dropped by Zul'Jin, and
- [Vengeful Gladiator's Ringmail Armor] (1022 Armor, 54 Stamina, 30 Intellect, 3 Sockets [1 Red, 2 Yellow, +4 Spell Crit socket bonus], 30 Spell Crit, 26 Resilience, 79 Healing, 8 mana/5), available for 1,875 arena points.
Boots are not a well-itemized slot for us (the best two prior to Mount Hyjal are [Wavefury Boots] from Rokmar in heroic Slave Pens and then a long gap until [Tempest-Strider Boots] drop from Lurker Below in Serpentshrine Cavern). Fortunately, there are two solid upgrades coming soon:
- [Treads of the Life Path] (619 Armor, 21 Stamina, 33 Intellect, 2 Sockets [1 Blue, 1 Yellow, +7 Healing socket bonus], 75 Healing, 6 mana/5) for 60 Badges, and
- [Vindicator's Kodohide Boots] (357 Armor, 43 Stamina, 30 Intellect, 26 Resilience, 75 Healing, 9 mana/5) for 17,850 honor and 40 Eye of the Storm badges.
There's only one new ring drop in 2.3, but since it's almost as good as the rings that drop in Black Temple, it's a no-brainer. The new PvP ring is equivalent to the [Band of Halos] Badge reward, so also makes a nice upgrade for early-Karazhan raiders.
- [Signet of the Quiet Forest] (17 Intellect, 30 Spell Haste, 62 Healing, 8 mana/5), which you can get from the timed loot reward in Zul'Aman.
- [Vindicator's Band of Salvation] (34 Stamina, 20 Intellect, 22 Resilience, 51 Healing, 6 mana/5) for 15,300 honor and 10 Alterac Valley badges.
There are two new pair of gloves, both of which are small upgrades from [Gloves of Centering] (which are themselves better than the Tier 4 [Cyclone Gloves]). I'd suggest they be one of the last Badge of Justice/Arena purchases you make as the Maiden of Virtue is one of the easiest bosses in Karazhan and the upgrades are so minor.
- [Polished Waterscale Gloves] (562 Armor, 33 Stamina, 22 Intellect, 75 Healing, 13 mana/5), which costs 60 Badges, and
- [Vengeful Gladiator's Ringmail Gauntlets] (639 Armor, 47 Stamina, 23 Intellect, 25 Spell Crit, 22 Resilience, +5 yard range on Shocks, 77 Healing), which will cost 1,125 arena points.
The new helm available in 2.3 is of questionable improvement, largely because it lacks a meta socket. It's better than BoE crafted items such as [Living Dragonscale Helm], but you're probably better off with the [Cyclone Headdress] from Prince Malchezaar or the BoP engineering helm, [Living Replicator Specs].
- [Mojo-mender's Mask] (731 Armor, 34 Stamina, 38 Intellect, 3 Sockets [1 Red, 1 Yellow, 1 Blue, +2 mana/5 socket bonus], 99 Healing, 9 mana/5), which is dropped by Akil'zon.
There are three new pairs of pants to choose from, two Badge rewards (both cost 75) and a Season Three item (costing 1,875 arena points):
- [Natural Life Leggings] (787 Armor, 45 Stamina, 38 Intellect, 3 Sockets [1 Yellow, 1 Red, 1 Blue, +2 mana/5 socket bonus], 17 Spell Crit, 88 Healing, 7 mana/5)
- [Pants of Splendid Recovery] (Leather, 353 Armor, 30 Stamina, 40 Intellect, 31 Spirit, 3 Sockets [1 Red, 1 Yellow, 1 Blue, +2 mana/5 socket bonus], 86 Healing,
- [Vengeful Gladiator's Ringmail Leggings] (894 Armor, 64 Stamina, 33 Intellect, 33 Resilience, 29 Spell Crit, 99 Healing, 9 mana/5)
The necklace upgrades are pretty significant:
- [Brooch of Nature's Mercy] (24 Intellect, 19 Spirit, 33 Spell Haste, 75 Healing) is dropped by Akil'zon, and
- [Vindicator's Pendant of Salvation] (34 Stamina, 16 Intellect, 18 Resilience, 1 Socket [Yellow, +3 Stamina socket bonus], 51 Healing, 6 mana/5) for 15,300 honor and 10 Eye of the Storm badges.
Only one shield is a worthwhile upgrade, but it's a very solid improvement over the Chess event [Triptych Shield of the Ancients] or Magtheridon's [Aegis of the Vindicator].
- [Enamelled Disc of Mojo] (5400 Armor, 24 Stamina, 17 Intellect, 1 Socket [Yellow, +1 mana/5 socket bonus], 55 Healing, 7 mana/5), which is dropped by Jan'ali.
There are three new sets of shoulders that represent varying upgrades:
- [Hex Lord's Voodoo Pauldrons] (700 Armor, 17 Stamina, 30 Intellect, 30 Spell Haste, 66 Healing, 9 mana/5), which is dropped by Hex Lord Malacras,
- [Gnarled Ironwood Pauldrons] (Leather, 303 Armor, 21 Stamina, 23 Intellect, 26 Spirit 2 Sockets [1 Red, 1 Yellow, +7 Healing socket bonus], 73 Healing,
10 mana/5), which costs 60 Badges, and
- [Vengeful Gladiator's Ringmail Spaulders] (766 Armor, 43 Stamina, 23 Intellect, 2 Sockets [1 Red, 1 Yellow, +3 Resilience socket bonus], 55 Healing, 7 mana/5), which will cost 1,500 arena points.
Patch 2.3 has only one new totem. It's worth picking up if you don't have the Maiden of Virtue's [Totem of Healing Rains] (which is superior):
- [Totem of Living Water] (Reduces mana cost of Chain Heal by 20), for 20 Badges.
There is one relevant healing trinket:
- [Tome of Diabolic Remedy] (18 mana/5, Use: 396 Healing for 20 seconds [2 minute cooldown]), from Hex Lord Malacras.
Two excellent belts will be available for 60 Badges:
- [Life-step Belt] (Leather, 227 Armor, 20 Stamina, 23 Intellect, 22 Spirit, 2 Sockets [1 Red, 1 Blue, +7 Healing socket bonus], 75 Healing, 6 mana/5) and
- [Man'kin'do's Belt] (506 Armor, 21 Stamina, 26 Intellect, 30 Spell Haste, 64 Healing, 8 mana/5).
There are two Badge rewards available for your wrist slot, which will cost 35 Badges:
- [Gargon's Bracers Peaceful Slumber] (Leather, 177 Armor, 12 Stamina, 25 Intellect, 17 Spirit, 1 Socket [Yellow, +4 Healing socket bonus], 55 Healing,
7 mana/5) and
- [Gleaming Earthen Bracers] (394 Armor, 18 Stamina, 20 Intellect, 55 Healing, 10 mana/5).
Both of the new weapons are significant upgrades over the two Karazhan weapons ([Shard of the Virtuous] from Maiden of Virtue and [Light's Justice] from Prince Malchezaar) or the current arena weapon ([Merciless Gladiator's Salvation]):
- [Dark Blessing] (19 Intellect, 30 Spell Haste, 431 Healing), which Zul'jin drops, and
- [Vengeful Gladiator's Salvation] (35 Stamina, 23 Intellect, 464 Healing, 21 Resilience), which will cost 3,150 arena points and require a personal arena rating of 1850 to purchase.