Monday, November 12, 2007

Patch 2.3 Update

The 2.3 patch is scheduled to go live tomorrow and it brings a whole host of new changes. Compilations of all the 2.3 changes have been posted by MMO Champion and World of Raids, along mirrors of the 2.3 PTR Patch Notes. They're both worth a look-over if you haven't been following the changes closely.

I put together a list of the shaman-related changes previously, so I'd encourage you to take a look if you haven't already. There's one additional change worth mentioning: The coefficient for Lightning Bolt and Chain Heal will be increased 5-6%. This is in response to drop in DPS that occurred with the changes in casting time and should hopefully keep Elemental shaman from dropping on the damage meters. The exact mechanism for increasing the coefficient isn't known yet, but some preliminary testing has shown an improvement in DPS by as much as 7.5%.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Any chance of getting 2.4 stuff added? I'd love to see the haste gems, new badges and sunwell stuff added. I added the badges gear and sunwell gear in my copy but I can't get the Sunwell items to show up in the upgrade list, I started looking through your lookups but haven't found it yet. (I'm NOT an Excel expert so....) Haste gems and gear really need some love in your sheet as well for a late T5 or T6 shaman the values for haste are much too low imo.

Thanks for a great spreadsheet I use it often.